- Awarded as the Best Hotel Management/Tourism Institution in Kerala by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of Kerala for FIVE CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
- Rated as Best Hotel Management Institutions of excellence in India by Competition Success Review for the last THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
- Students of OSHM secured the Overall Runners-up trophy in the "TRAVEL LOG '12", a National Level seminar held at Tourism Development Institute, Mysore on 06-11-2012.
- Students of OSHM secured the Overall Runners-up trophy in the "Mystical Groove– Rendezvous 2012", a National Level Inter-Collegiate Competition held at Sarosh Institute of Hotel Administration, Mangalore on 22-08-2012.
- OSHM won the Intercollegiate debate competition held at Taj Vivanta Cochin on 27th Sept 2011 during the World Tourism Day
- Oriental Group of Hotel Management Institutions has
been conferred CSR Top Hotel Management Institute of India
Award for the year 2010-11.
- OSHM students, Mr. Thoufeeque Zakariya, Jisso Thomas
won the Overall Championship in the National level Chef
Competitions, held at Christ University, Bangalore on
27th and 28 January, 2011.
- Awarded as the Best Hotel Management/Tourism Institution
in Kerala for the last five consecutive years - 2004-05
, 2005-06 , 2006-07,2007-08 & 2008-09 by the Ministry
of Tourism, Govt. of Kerala.
- Achieved 100% Placement this year also. All of the Final
year students have been well placed with national and
international chains of hotels.
- Won the Overall Champions of Rendezvous - 2010, a National
level Inter College Seminar and Competition held at Sarosh
Institute of Hotel Administration, Mangalore.
- Won the Overall Runners up trophy in the Miracle-2010,
Interstate Cultural Competitions held at AJK College,
Coimbatore on March, 2010.
- Won the Runners up trophy in Chrysalis-2009 held at
- Won 1st prize in poster designing competition on the
topic 'Climate change and tourism' organized by KITTS,
Trivandrum in association with Indian Tourism Congress
on 5th and 6th of February, 2010
- Final year students set world record attempts during
the Annual Food Festivals.
- Exotica 2012 - Preparing 251 different varieties of Sandwiches in 30 minutes
- Exotica 2011 - Making the Longest Barbeque in the world (20 meter)
- Exotica 2010 - Preparing 1001 different flavored
teas in just 6.6 minutes and ten different Indian
ethnic snacks in its biggest sizes.
- Exotica 2009 - Preparing 101 Mocktails in 6 minutes
- Teamo-2008 - Preparing 1001 Uthappams in one hour.
- Teamo-2006 - Preparing longest puttu (steamed rice
cake) in the world.
- OGHMI organized its fourth National Level Seminar
and Competitions on Hospitality named "Outlook 2010"
on 15th and 16th of January 2010.
- Won the Overall Championship in the National level Case
Study workshop held at Acharya Institute of Management
Studies, Bangalore on 1st and 2nd of September, 2006
- Won the Overall Windsor Sheraton Championship in National
level case study competitions and seminars held at AIMS,
Banglore on September 2006
- Won the Overall Championship in Yanam-2006, all Kerala
Tourism Festival held at PR College-Wayanad on October
- Won the Overall Championship in Chris-a-liz-2007, National
Level Seminar and Championship held at NIMS, Kochi on
- First prize winner of the best hotel stall in Malabar
Mahotsavam 2006 which was a 10 days food festival organized
by District Tourism promotion Council.
- Bagged First Prize at Flavours-2007 held at VLB College,
- First prize winners in Inter State Catering Institution
Talent Scan Quiz competition, 2007 held at SNR College,
- The Students of OSHM participated in "Splash-2009",
The Monsoon Tourism promoted by District Tourism Promotion
- OGHMI organized its fourth National Level Seminar and
Competitions on Hospitality named "Outlook 2010" on 15th
and 16th of January 2010.
- The students of OGHMI had done paper presentation on
Various Tourism Aspects in the International Seminar on
Tourism at Acharya Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
on September, 2007.
- Won 2nd Prize in Altavista-2007, a National level Travel
expo competition on Tourism held at Christ College, Bangalore.
- Oriental Quality Development Programme (OQDP) initiated
since 2006 for the students soft skills and career development
was re introduced in this academic year too. It helped
them to face the changing trends in Human Resource state
of affairs in the Hospitality Industry. The programme
was designed to mould the students to get into their dream